CATLOC– one of the software tools in Opus Suite – gives knowledge and complete control over costs and revenue. It is a complete and flexible cost/revenue analysis tool with superior analysis capability. It is up to you to decide the scope, focus, approach and level of detail in CATLOC, which means that it is a tool that is equally well suited life cycle cost analysis, budgeting and planning, financial risk assessments, or control of ongoing projects.
CATLOC provides answers to high level questions such as:
- How large does my total budget have to be?
- What is the potential profit margin?
- How are costs distributed over time?
You can compare and analyze alternatives side by side in a clear and thorough way, for instance when choosing among:
- Competing proposals
- System design alternatives
- Maintenance solutions
- Contract formulations
You can also drill down into the details for decision support in central questions such as:
- Which are my cost drivers?
- What are my most important areas for improvement from a cost perspective?
- What factors have the largest impact on profitability?
- Phase out or replacement of aging equipment
CATLOC is also the perfect tool for consequence analysis and risk assessments. With quick cost outcome calculations and simulations of cost and revenue flows, you can determine:
- What are the direct and indirect environment and the climate costs of a particular solution?
- How sensitive are the results to uncertainty or variance of different parameters?
- Which cost types are affected the most?
- What is the probability that my costs will exceed a certain level?
- How are costs impacted by changes to the operational profile?
Leading organizations and companies worldwide use CATLOC for this type of analysis and decisions, primarily in the defense, transportation and energy industries, but also in other sectors.